Re: error

From: Andrew Hardy <junkmail_at_[127.0.0.1>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:49:49 +0000

Brian Houghtby wrote:
> I am trying to run a procedure that was written for us by our MRP vendor who
> is no longer in business. I am getting the following error. This is an
> Oracle8i database running on Netware 5.1.
>
> begin
> ops_archive_all;
> end;
>
> ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYSADM.IC_TRANSACT_ARCHIVE by 177512 in
> tablespace SYSTEM
> ORA-27039: create file failed, file size limit reached
> OSD-02067: illegal option specified
> ORA-27039: create file failed, file size limit reached
> OSD-02067: illegal option specified
> ORA-06512: at "SYSADM.OPS_ARCH_AND_PURGE", line 29
> ORA-06512: at "SYSADM.OPS_ARCHIVE_ALL", line 5
> ORA-06512: at line 2

You've run out of space for your table to expand into. It also looks like the tablespace is trying to autoexpand to fit the new requirements, but has hit a limit - either you set a maximum limit for the tablespace or there is no room on the device.

Also... you really shouldn't have installed objects in the SYSTEM tablespace as there's always the danger that your application problems may one day cause the database to get very sick.

--
Andy