Re: Designer 9i Clean-up?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:16:03 +0100

Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> I have a Designer 9i repository on my home PC and noticed that the space
> used on a large number of my tablespaces are at 100% and a good number in
> the 90%s.
>
> I've recently been doing a lot of work in Designer and have been deleting
> objects. I'm pretty sure there is space which could be reclaimed somehow.
>
> Can I do something as simple as an export and then an import to clean-up the
> tablespaces? They're all autoextending but I'd still like to clean up any
> unused space if possible.
>
> Thanks.

imp/exp would be one way (and then recreating the tablespaces), export of the application(s) would even be more efficient. Make sure to do a test run; I've know objects and/or relations to disappear in previous versions.

And do make a valid backup of you complete repository database before starting anything!

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...