Re: how does CBO handle old statistics

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 10 Mar 2006 05:21:33 -0800

I supposed it was still using the old statistics. The data wasn't consistent what so ever though. The tables had grow probably over 300% over the last 2 years. The dba that was here at the time it was last analyzed probably used dbms_utility.analyze_schema compute. When I ran dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats some queries started running very long. I deleted the new stats and forced it to use the rule based which sped it up.
Now I'm toying with the different method_opt settings to see what needs to be used to speed it up, but nothing seems to be faster than forcing it to use rule based. Received on Fri Mar 10 2006 - 07:21:33 CST