Creating a 'library cache pin' wait for testing.

From: P <paul.hancock1_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Mar 2006 14:03:19 -0800

Can anyone please advise of a good method for creating a 'library cache pin' wait event in order that I can test out some scripts I have to capture information.

The only way I currently have of doing this is (as per Metalink):

Session 1: Create a dummy procedure:
Create or replace procedure dummy1 is
begin
null;
end;
/

Session 1: Execute the above procedure in a PL/SQL block: Begin
Dummy1;
Dbms_lock.sleep(60);
End;
/

Session 2: grant execute on dummy1 to user_name;

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Mar 09 2006 - 16:03:19 CST