Re: RMAN blockrecover uses full backups only

From: <leczbalazs_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2006 06:51:36 -0800

Well, I just recovered _one_ corrupt block of a 120Gbyte database. Unfortunately, the last full backup was 5 days old (we have a weekly full backup and daily incrementals),
and the media recovery phase took 26 hours. If the incremental backups could have been used in the first phase, the media recovery wouldn't have taken so long (maybe 2 to 4 hours).

--
Baláz Lécz
System Engineer, Hungary