resource_limit affecting statistics

From: <jernigam_at_kochind.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2005 13:54:08 -0800

I have noticed that when I have resource_limit=true, it appears that my cpu usage increases each day. If I look at the change in "CPU used by this session" statistic each day, it seems to be increasing. The system event "db file sequential read" also seems to jump abnormally high. I've seen it jump from 917205
to 10760613438 in one hour.

When I change resource_limit=false then the strange behavior disappears.

Has anyone else seen this?

Version 8.1.7.4 on Sun E3500 Received on Mon Feb 28 2005 - 15:54:08 CST