Re: Would be really nice if...

From: Haximus <e_at_t.me>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:10:36 GMT

> Amen. There is no problem with Java the language. But most of the people
> using it suffer from the same form of dementia previously suffered by
> those that thought C++ the solution to every problem.

Oracle DB is a product of C/C++ ... and not only is IT a solution for you, but obviously the basis of your livelyhood and career... "Luke, I am your father..."

> Most have skills
> that range from mediocre to adequate (not their ego driven sense of
> self-worth) and hardly any could normalize much beyond their own
> personality: certainly not a relational database.

Danny boy... that's why Oracle has made such a great effort to integrate Java into their product... it's a major selling point. You can run Java directly on Oracle, even native, on the server, middle tier, client-side... heck, I can even run it on my cell phone! Try that with that PL/SQL.

I'm sure you know your pl/sql well... but talk about a one trick pony! Received on Sat Feb 26 2005 - 22:10:36 CST