Re: Would be really nice if...

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:09:15 -0800

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> Haximus wrote:
>

>>> If you were forward thinker as you pretend to be, then you could
>>> immediately notice that there is no reason why PL/SQL can't be fixed to
>>> handle subset of values from the select list. A hint: if application is
>>> not expecting something, then it could ignore it. For one thing, this
>>> feature wouldn't break my JDBC code.
>>

>> No, it wouldn't break JDBC. Most DBA's absolutely hate Java though,
>> so the point is lost.
>>

> Not the language, just the "programmers"

Amen. There is no problem with Java the language. But most of the people using it suffer from the same form of dementia previously suffered by those that thought C++ the solution to every problem. Most have skills that range from mediocre to adequate (not their ego driven sense of self-worth) and hardly any could normalize much beyond their own personality: certainly not a relational database.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington