Re: AQ and JMS Question

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:49:39 GMT

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:48:32 -0800, richard.wooding_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am integrating with an application which uses a PL/SQL call
> specification as a method of extending the application. Ultimately I
> wont to put the parameter on a Queue (backed by Oracle AQ) and have it
> consumed by Message Driven Beans (which use JMS) contained in Oracle
> Application Server.
>
> I am waying my options on what I should do:
> 1) Should I code the stored procedure in PL/SQL and enqueue onto the AQ
> queue that way - Will the data be usable by JMS on the other end?
> 2) Should I code the stored procedure in Java and enqueue using JMS -
> is JMS usable in a Java Stored Procedure, how do I get a handle to the
> queues, can I still use JNDI - or is there a better method.
>
> Ultimately the important part is that I can use the message in the MDB.
>
> Any advice will be appreciated.

Chapter 3 of Oracle's document "Oracle9i Application Developer's Guide - Advanced Queuing" goes into extensive detail on how to use AQ, how to use it with JMS (as well as VB and other environments), describes what Oracle's JMS extensions include, etc.

Chapter 12, "Creating Applications Using JMS" has examples that answers both of your questions.

hth/FGB Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 06:49:39 CST