AQ and JMS Question

From: <richard.wooding_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2005 23:48:32 -0800

Hi,

I am integrating with an application which uses a PL/SQL call specification as a method of extending the application. Ultimately I wont to put the parameter on a Queue (backed by Oracle AQ) and have it consumed by Message Driven Beans (which use JMS) contained in Oracle Application Server.

I am waying my options on what I should do: 1) Should I code the stored procedure in PL/SQL and enqueue onto the AQ queue that way - Will the data be usable by JMS on the other end? 2) Should I code the stored procedure in Java and enqueue using JMS - is JMS usable in a Java Stored Procedure, how do I get a handle to the queues, can I still use JNDI - or is there a better method.

Ultimately the important part is that I can use the message in the MDB.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards
Richard Wooding Received on Wed Feb 23 2005 - 01:48:32 CST