Re: ORACLE.EXE still in memory after desinstall + reboot (10G)

From: Steven Howes <howserx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:08:02 -0600

I used to install and remove oracle almost on a daily basis... this is the quickest way, probably not the best but I never ran into problems

  1. Stop the services using the services applet in control panel
  2. delete the Oracle directory,
  3. regedit and delete the HKey local machine/software/Oracle key.

Quick and easy. I gave up on the oracle uninstaller after watching it run for 24 hours just removing an instance. Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 14:08:02 CST