Re: Query not returning same results when displaying one column less

From: Steven Howes <howserx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:03:34 -0600

wow, what an insightful answer. I bet that helped mark lots...

There may be a reason that the server is unpatched and an older version. Why not trying to answer the question he posted first then tell him what version he should be running later.

My guess(I'm by no means an expert, just a hack) I'd guess that there are some Null values in your "a" table that are causing the discrepancies. Try running both queries and look for one instance that exists in one result set but not the other. You might be able to narrow things down by looking at the exceptions.

Steve Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 14:03:34 CST