how to access database control of many oracle10g database instances on same server

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2005 13:53:05 -0800

I am on Redhat Linux 9 and using Oracle 10G (10.0.1.3?). I know how to create a Oracle database instance and use EM database control to administer the database.

To access database control from a browser, Oracle asks to enter a URL:
http://server_name:5500/em

The URL does not specify the ORACLE_SID.

I however want to create several database instances on the same box. Will Oracle automatically set up a different port (e.g., 5501) for second instance.

All the documentation I have found on Oracle's web site refers to a single database instance on a server.

Appreciate any pointers.

Thanks a lot,

Prem Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 15:53:05 CST