Re: Using views inside a View

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:53:43 GMT

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:35:20 +0100, Frank van Bortel wrote:

> Well, there *is* a risk of getting queries with horrible
> execution plans. So, even if it's ROTten, I'd like some
> proof it won't harm, else no views over views as a ROT.
> And by proof, I'd like to see explain plan, etc.

Frank,

Of course there is a risk of writing queries that have lousy execution plans. It seems to me that risk exists in 'plain' SQL as well as SQL based on nesting of views.

However, I confess I don't quite understand ... are you asking someone else to do the analysis?

FGB Received on Mon Feb 21 2005 - 05:53:43 CST