Re: Oracle 10G RELEASE 1 ON HP UNIX

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2005 14:55:22 -0800

Jining Han wrote:
> We have been running 10g in a 3-node HP-UX itanium for more than 6
> months, using ASM. No major problems so far.
>
> Jining Han

Thanks. I am assuming you are using Oracle10G in one of the certfied Oracle 10G RAC configuration:

 v2 (11.23) 10g 64-bit Oracle OSD Clusterware 10g Certified 11i v1 (11.11) 10g 64-bit Oracle OSD Clusterware 10g Certified

What does one need from HP UNIX for RAC. Does HP have to cluster nodes and Oracle10G clusterware takes care of rest. NO service guard is required in this configuration. One also does not need a clustered file system from HP or Veritas.

Is ASM necessary or one can do without it.

Thanks,

Prem Received on Fri Feb 18 2005 - 16:55:22 CST