Re: How can I insert and avoid failing on account of duplicate rows?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2005 14:44:19 -0800

Well you could resort to pl/sql

There are several options within plsql on how to code the cursor loop

You might also be able to use the MERGE statement which will read your select then feed the result to an update of the row and when the row does not exist insert it. For a pure SQL method I would look at this possibility though you do not list your Oracle version and this will take version 9+.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Feb 18 2005 - 16:44:19 CST