Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:46:58 -0500

Noons wrote:
> hpuxrac apparently said,on my timestamp of 19/02/2005 1:25 AM:
>

>> The process occurs whether you know about it or not and is used and
>> described in oracle rac documentation.

> And any node can be the master for the duration
> of the recovery. It's only been like that since V6.2
> in 1989 when I first installed and used OPS. What
> else can I say...
>
>> After you read the oracle metalink notes and rac doc look at your
>> answer above.

> Nope.

Maybe you should:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/rac.920/a96596.pdf page 146 in the PDF file. Figure 7-1
Maybe it's outdated or plain wrong. Can't find it in O10g. The metalink notes may help here (don't have access :-) That btw may explain the difference of opinion.
>> It depends on what kinds of accesses are being attempted against any
>> data affected for as long as instance recovery is occurring.

> As opposed to NO ACCESS at all in other databases.
Yeah that would be shocking.
Good enough

--
Serge Rielau