Re: Oracle Enterprise manager: http://n2k.bot.com:5501/em/

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:29:27 GMT

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> Mark Bole wrote:
>

>>In your $ORACLE_HOME/install directory, there should be a file called

>>portlist.ini.  For my default installation, the port number is 5500,

> not
>
>>5501.
>>
>>-Mark Bole

> I'd definitely look at this, but it would seem possible that 5501 is
> being blocked by a firewall. If it was the incorrect port you should
> either get an error of some description (404 OR a dns lookup failure)
> or else the default page from the other webserver running on that port.
>

> Niall

Good point. To the OP, the Unix or Windows "netstat -a" command will show you what ports are actually being listened on at the moment, look for the word LISTENING and the actual port number you are interested in. Under Linux, there's even an option to show you the program that is listening on each port. You can also run a browser (mozilla) locally from the server, to eliminate network issues as a possible problem.

-Mark Bole Received on Fri Feb 18 2005 - 11:29:27 CST