Re: Help ! - How to resync sequence numbers to a table (Oracle)

From: Zer0Frequency <zer0frequency_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2005 06:40:59 -0800

Thanks guys. Actually, the problem started because I can not make use of sequences during the mass load (just the nature of the problem) the code that generates the data has to maintain relational integrity and therefore generates its own sequences n stuff... but thats out of scope for this discussion anyway.

So basically what I would have to do is after the load is done (and the sequence.nextval is still at 10, (while the data loaded has already reached 50000) - i would run a loop to keep incrementing the sequence and then leave it at that ...

sounds good - let me give it a try.....

Zer0Frequency Received on Thu Feb 17 2005 - 08:40:59 CST