Re: RMAN

From: Jenny Wang <jennyw_at_housing.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:42:32 -0600

For two reasons.

  1. I wanted to use the backup to build a new host. The new host has the same directory structure. The backup has all the data files, control file and spfile. I need to decide which archivelogs need to be copied from the original host to the new host.
  2. Wanted to estimate how long I need to keep archivelogs in the original host. I take full database backup without archivelogs online every night.

Thanks,

Jenny