Help ! - How to resync sequence numbers to a table (Oracle)

From: Zer0Frequency <zer0frequency_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2005 14:54:14 -0800

Guys,

I have imported huge amounts of data into a table without using the sequences (due to a logical reason) - now I need to re-sync the sequence to make sure that the next number generated is higher than the existing values...

This process needs to be automated so I am thinking of something like

alter sequence mySeq (minvalue = (select max(id) from myTable)) + 100 ) ...

Ofcourse the above is not syntactically correct but I hope it gives you the idea what I need to do.

Any help would be highly appreciated?

Zer0frequency Received on Wed Feb 16 2005 - 16:54:14 CST