Re: Do we have practice database available?

From: Fuzzy GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:02:11 GMT

Jay Park wrote:

> Hi, folks
>
> Do we have any database server available to student that I can either
> create database or make my account with create object privilege ( I am not
> sure whether this term is right.. I almost quit programming four years ago
> when Oracle had version 8i..)
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Your question implies you are using the SQLServer definition for database instead of the Oracle definition.

Assuming so, you are looking for a practice schema. Using the oracle database config assistant (dbca), typically used to create and configure a database, you can create the sample schemas which include SCOTT as well as several others which are documented in the Sample Schemas Oracle9i docco (available at http://docs.oracle.com)

Strongly encourage you to use Oracle9i Release 2 if you are using Windows, or Oracle Database 10g if you are using Linux/Unix, as you can follow the Oracle By Example tutorials at http://otn.oracle.com in the respective OSs. (Once you are comfortable with the one listed, jumping across to other OSs is relatively easy.)

lol/FGB Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 20:02:11 CST