Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 15 Feb 2005 17:25:27 -0800

Sorry maybe I am not understanding the thread it got kind of convoluted. I thought someone was talking about what happens if a RAC cluster node fails.

Sure the RAC database continues to operate while thread recovery is done but it can certainly impact users and applications that have uncommitted changes from the failing node. What's the impact on other users and applications while recovery is occurring.

It depends is the honest answer ... it depends on how much uncommitted work was being performed, what the other sessions are trying to access ... etc.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "0 - yes, ZERO - seconds to continue to operate". And I guess I thought that was Dan saying that. Received on Tue Feb 15 2005 - 19:25:27 CST