Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:15:42 -0500

DA Morgan wrote:
> Serge Rielau wrote:
>

>> What are you talking about? You can access all the data in DB2 from
>> any node.

> I may have jumped in on this thread without the correct context for the
> original statement ... but I think the question related to a node loss.
Indeed you did. The context is application transparency. Noons is claiming that queries in DPF need to contain node-specific language features (such aas a nodenum() function perhaps) to execute. Also if you would have read the context (or even the very post you replied to) you woudl have read my argument that no one the F..K (what doe sthat stand for? is it a technical term?) cares what happens when only 9 of 10 nodes are there because that is much or little an issue as what happens when a RAC cluster remasters. In RAC you remaster and live without the node. In DB2 you restart the friggin node. It is my no means hard nor time consuming. And now I will stop posting to this thread because it is loosing it's technical content. Instead we are down to simply re-hashing the same words, for which I have neither time nor patience.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau