Re: replicating snapshots (multitiered materialized views)..

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2005 12:55:20 -0800

before I start: mview = snapshot ... in this discussion

If a mview is considered to be complex, it cannot be fast refreshed. There lies the first confusion in your post. You seem to be trying to fast refresh a mview based on a complex query?

You also refer to multitier snapshots: By this I think you mean nested snapshots (i.e. a snapshot based on another snapshot). However, you seem to have shown very little creativity in naming things :)
Everything in your example is named "A".

ORA-12034 is generally raised if you create the mview *before* the mview log ... or
if your mview did not get registered in the master site and some other mviews refresh caused the mview log on the master to get truncated *before* your mview did the refresh. Doing a complete refresh or recreating the mview should help in this case to register the mview (or use the dbms_mview pkg to register your mview).

I fear my answer seems as confusing as your question :) Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 14:55:20 CST