replicating snapshots (multitiered materialized views)..

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:44:07 GMT

I think I've read through docs, but it seems like in order to accompish the following

  1. create a compelx snapshot A on site A of tables A and then to
  2. replicate snapshot A to snapshot B I need the following
  3. a snapshot log (and PK) on snapshot A on site A
  4. the refresh needs to be complete?

2 is what's confusing me, I thought the snapshot log on snapshot A would allow me to do fast refreshes, but after the snapshot A on site A refreshed, my snapshot group (which contained snapshots of snapshots) kept failing with
ORA-12034: materialized view log on "A.A" younger than last refresh Recreating the snapshot log didn't help until i refreshed complete every replicated snapshot (with dbms_snapshot.refresh('A','c')

Is this how it's supposed to work with 'multitier' snapshots? Thanks
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Feb 10 2005 - 14:44:07 CST