Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:03:53 -0800

Mark A wrote:

> You mean the deranged TPC mob made up of Oracle employees who head some of
> the TPC committees and extol the virtues of the TPC-C benchmark in articles
> they have written for the ACM?

Perhaps you haven't noticed but we are not Oracle employees and couldn't care less if Larry put his wife on the TPC committee.

> That is very "convenient" of you to claim (earlier in this thread) that DB2
> cannot scale to large workloads in OLTP, and then claim the TPC-C benchmark
> is irrelevant.\

You mean this is mutually exclusive? Try a bit of Boolean logic for a change. It is possible for two different things to be true.

  1. DB2 doesn't scale large OLTP workloads = TRUE
  2. TPC benchmarks are irrelevant = TRUE

Which is not to say that I agree with #1 but 1 and 2 are not mutually exclusive. You must write fascianting IF/THEN statements.

> Trust me, your hypocrisy has sunk in, it has sunk in very deep.

Almost to the level of your gross ignorance? Nah ... he'd need a uranium weight belt.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington