Re: Question: Installing 10g over TTY display on Sparc server

From: DW <dwhittier_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 9 Feb 2005 13:31:31 -0800

Couple of reasons. I do want to replicate our production environment as closely as possible. Plus, I hate dual-boot: I'd ultimately want a client-server connection between the Oracle server and my Windows box. ;-) I could do a Linux VMWare session, but that sucks RAM and cycles from my Windows box, which doesn't interest me. So I'd likely want to do a second hardware platform, and the deal I got on this server was better than I could have gotten for anything close in the Intel world. Just seemed to make sense.

Plus, I guess it's good resume fodder, being conversant with Sun hardware and Solaris. ;-) Received on Wed Feb 09 2005 - 15:31:31 CST