Re: Getting started with XML..

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:59:17 +0100

Jeremy wrote:

> If so, then the next piece of the puzzle is: what tools do we use to get
> the data values out of the XML document?

The sys.xmlType type has very easy-to-use and powerful methods to extract data out of an XML document, most of all the "extract" method.

> Finally, once we have processed the document, if we want send back an
> XML document with status information etc then I assume this can be
> assembled using the various HTP procedures - or is there a less 'home-
> grown' method for returning back an XML document?

htp.print is OK, we are using it all the time. You just have to pay attention to encode the XML special characters.

Kind regards,

--
"For every developer that thinks he can create something that is
non-database specific ... there are two people being paid by the