Question: Installing 10g over TTY display on Sparc server

From: DW <dwhittier_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 8 Feb 2005 08:38:42 -0800

Hi there.

I'm fairly new to Oracle, and am pursuing certification.

To that end, I'm buying a Sparc E220 for home use.

I recently learned that these units do not ship with a 15-pin video output, because the default display is TTY.

I've confirmed in the Sun groups that all critical admin and OS config functions can be done via TTY; but what about Oracle? can I set up Oracle 10G on Solaris with only a TTY display?

If not, does anyone know of an _inexpensive_ PCI video adapter that is supported by an E220? This is probably a better question for the Sun hardware group, but I figure someone in here may have pursued the same questions.

Thanks!

DW. Received on Tue Feb 08 2005 - 10:38:42 CST