Re: Db2, Oracle, SQL Server

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2005 21:55:06 -0800

We had the Enterprise Editon of UDB. I only scanned the parts of DB2 that we were not going to need to use right away. I have trouble remember the details because no sooner than I had DB2 up and ready for use I was told to configure mySQL. Then as soon as I had that accessible I was told forget it all for now. Some 60 SQL Server databases fell into my lap after that.

DB2 had analytic queries many of which appeared to fully compatiable to those I am familiar with in Oracle

Setting up distributed transactions appears to me to be a more complex process in DB2 UDB compared to Oracle.

I am thinking the text search feature is still an extra with UDB even for the EE edition.

The online logging is very different. In DB2 the onlne logs are not circular and are used for rolling back transactions.

DB2 UDB keeps track of row level locks in memory.

That is more than I want to remember until I have to pick up the project again.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Feb 05 2005 - 23:55:06 CST