Re: Intenational character sets

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2005 13:20:56 -0800

http://www.dilbert.com/spanish/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20040603.html

> Better not, it maps the Euro to a non-Microsoft mapping,
> causing dreaded question marks to display in web-environments.
> It *does* use the official mapping, though, which is not the
> one Microsoft (0x80, or ALT-0128) uses.
>
> Long story short: MS got fed up with waiting for the EU commision
> to decide what charactermapping to be used for the €... Oracle
waited
> for and implemented the official mapping.
>
> Stick to AL16UTF16 (MB), or WE8MSWIN1252 (SB), if dealing web/MS.

Aw heck, I thought I had it figured out. I've got a project coming up with browser based middleware on IIS to hp-ux 9iR2 (IIS not my choice, but OAS did not impress those who chose). Did I mess up making it P15?  What should it be? I think from Note: 137127.1 and Note:179133.1 that I merely have to set whatever it is the middleware uses to be a client using NLS_LANG=...WE8MSWIN1252, but not having it to play with yet makes me so insecure.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
If you are going to blow up a whale, bring an umbrella.