Re: Auditing when a view goes invalid?

From: Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:44:05 +0100

Hi,

Mark D Powell schrieb:
> Moritz, you said the views are owned by user SYS. Are these views
> created by the Oracle as part of the database build process? By any
> chance are the view names like DBA_HIST% ?

Yes indeed they are DBA_HIST%.

> I ask because I have seen two posts on metalink about these views going
> invalid on version 10.1x

Could you please give me a direct link? I have a metalink-account but not found the posts you are mentioning.

> I believe that these views are associated with the new AWR feature
> which comes builtin to all version 10g databases, but usuage of
> portions of the feature require additional licenses to be purchased.

Seems like I have to check out this AWR-feature. *wondering why I have not read about it...*

> Maybe someone else can add to this. If the metalink posts which I am
> monitoring are updated I will post whatever I find out.

as stated above please provide the links to me that I can monitor them too.

> If the views were created locally then the views should probably be
> recreated under a different owner and changes to referenced view base
> tables are the most likely cause.

Hmm, let's say: "One thing I know about Oracle. Never create any objects in the sys-schema as long as you are prepared for going through hell. :-)"

> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

It did help, thanks you very much.

   Moritz Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 10:44:05 CST