Re: Auditing when a view goes invalid?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 06:54:38 -0800

Moritz, you said the views are owned by user SYS. Are these views created by the Oracle as part of the database build process? By any chance are the view names like DBA_HIST% ?

I ask because I have seen two posts on metalink about these views going invalid on version 10.1x

I believe that these views are associated with the new AWR feature which comes builtin to all version 10g databases, but usuage of portions of the feature require additional licenses to be purchased.

Maybe someone else can add to this. If the metalink posts which I am monitoring are updated I will post whatever I find out.

If the views were created locally then the views should probably be recreated under a different owner and changes to referenced view base tables are the most likely cause.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Feb 03 2005 - 08:54:38 CST