Re: RMAN Duplicate did not use last incremental backup (10g)

From: Joe <joenix_1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2005 01:20:34 -0800

hmmm,
expected behaviour is that the last (= most recent) cumulative incremental backup is/was restored.

Anyway a new test was done, an now it did correctly restore the full backup plus the last incremental backup plus a newer archived redo logs.

In the previous test the restore was started immediate after the incremental backup. So I guess it did not use that incremental backup because there was no checkpoint between the backup and DB duplication, and RMAN considered the last incremental backup to be "newer" than the DB itself?

regards,
Joe.