Re: Need help with oracle 9i

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:46:47 +0100

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
[snip!]

> LogMiner might be of use to you, as DML and DDL is recorded in the redo
> logs. Otherwise you'll need a recent export of the database to
> restore what you've lost.
>

> David Fitzjarrell

But that would be virtually undoable, as you would need to go back to the time, the actual 'create or replace procedure...' was issued, wouldn't it?

Never having used logminer, is it required to have all logs on disk from now to the time you want to mine, or is it allowed to have gaps?
Like, I know it's been 3 months ago, so I'll get some logs back from the November 2004 tape, no more.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel