exporting

From: Vilco <a_at_b.c>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:13:03 GMT

Hello, this is my first time with Oracle, and I have been reading the online-help and lurking here for about a week before posting, and now I know something more then a week ago, maybe I am able to make a clear, maybe non-stupid, question. I'm going to export data from a Rracle92 installation to another PC, also with Oracle92 installed. I'd like to follow the export procedure, since it seems the way to go for migrating data. Im' working wth Oracle in italian, so the names of features and other thing I write here are mere translations from italian to english: I hope to use the right names... I tried both the Export feature in the Enterprise Manager interface (connected to OMS) and the command line EXP.EXE utility, but I had no success in exporting. When I export from the EM interface, the job gets submitted to Oracle, I go to see in the "Active Job" panel and the job is not there, so I look at the job chronology and the job is there, with the status "Not succeeded". While editing the Export job, I selected the option to have a logfile, but it doesn't get created. Where can I look to find something about what went wrong?

When I export with the EXP CLI utility, I always get incorrect user/password and it asks me to change them. Reading around on the internet I found many examples of calls to EXP utility where after the user/pwd there was a "@" followed by other parameters. If I mess with them I stop getting "incorrect user/pwd" and get a 6401 error:
ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid export program designator (ORA-06401: NETCMN: designatore del programma di esportazione non valido).
I have seen many people reporting 06401 errors about drivers, non about designers, but maybe this is due to the translation to italian of the original error message. Also here, if I specify a log file, it doesn't get created.

What could be I missing here? Somebody has a clue?

TIA and sorry if this is not the correct place (if this is the case, please address me to the right place)

--
  Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'