Re: Data movement logic in data guard

From: Lok P <loknath.73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 00:08:40 +0530

Thank You. mark.

I am not sure if it's a recommended one, but don't you think giving the ability to force a database log switch through application code would not be safe?

With respect to querying the log switch in the primary side, are you pointing to utilize the max value of column "sequence#" of v$archived_log of secondary to compare it with primary and only when its greater than primary then only data fetch/load job will be permitted to run on secondary, and in that case we have to connect to primary each time through network(as because our application code/server will be residing on secondary side only) and then a data load is initiated on DR , is that advisable? Also was wondering how it will play in case of real disaster happen to one of the sides?

But even in above case , as that will be based on sequence# but not any time component, how will it give assurance that the data sync has been completed till current time/sysdate-N seconds, so now we are safe to move data from base table-(say tab1) from DR without miss, say like , insert into target.. select from.. tab1(in DR).. where date_created<sysdate-N seconds?

Thanks and Regards
Lok