Re: Oracle Financials

From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 11:38:49 -0800

Check in with your network security team and ask them which servers have ignore rules for alerts on criminally old/unsupported Oracle client and middleware installations. ;-)
</tongue_in_cheek>

You don't mention which version you're running, so this is kind of high-level suggestion.

If you have a database that you know/suspect contains Oracle EBS/Financials data, look for a schema called APPLSYS (or APPS, but the first is more distinctive). If things aren't terribly broken, then the related application server hostnames should be listed in the FND_NODES table.

If you're really flying blind, you can look for running application processes with names containing FND, XDO, WF (case-insensitive search). Also for "application servers" running a TNS listener without a database on-board (not a 100% guarantee, but it's a tell).

For a general overview of the sort of stuff that runs on the applications tier, you can also check out the docs
<
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26401_01/nav/technology.htm>, specifically the "Oracle E-Business Suite System Administration" section. That's for the 12.2 release, but you should be able to find similar docs for older releases. I assume you're already perfectly capable of looking for docs, so I'm offering this up as a convenience, not as "RTFM snark." :)