Re: Oracle Financials

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 19:10:11 +0000

I have never ran Oracle financials so I do not know what to look for to identify that specific product however you should be able to find instances of potential interest using standard options such as

If OEM is in use open it up and look to see what instances it shows as registered with the product Log onto each server where you know Oracle is housed and check the oratab file Also look for and check the status of each listener to see what it listens for If an rman catalog is in use query to see what databases are registered Look for a shared (network file) tnsnames.ora file Check tnsnames.ora on each server identified to house an Oracle instance

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 2:02 PM To: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Oracle Financials

I've been tasked with finding all the servers where Oracle Financials is installed/running. The former DBA left no information at all about it and I've never worked with Oracle apps before. What command(s) can I use to see if it's running or installed? Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you

--

Sandy B.

--