Re: sql developer vs sqlplus sql and plsql syntax

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 21:40:00 +0100

Hi

By the way, I am not very familiar with sql developer but I just tested this and it does not run as script unless I add semicolon and back slash

select 1 from dual

declare

    var1 varchar2(1);
begin

    select 1

      into var1
      from dual;

end;

So it seems to me that to run sql scripts at the end of the day sql developer is the same as sqlplus which needs terminators?

Thanks