Fw: Resource Manager Plans and SYSTEM_GROUP

From: Brad Peek <"Brad>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 20:02:14 +0000 (UTC)

I joined a team that has several databases with resource manager plans that prioritize SYSTEM_GROUP low relative to some other consumer groups.

Example:
GROUP        Share-----------  -----WEB           60BATCH         20SYSTEM_GROUP  10OTHER_GROUP   10 Since the servers almost never reach 100% CPU it hasn't been a big issue, but I did want to confirm that the general best practice is to give SYSTEM_GROUP the highest priority among the consumer groups. I suspect it is a case of copying the same plan across multiple DBs, but before I recommend changing this, can anyone think of a use case where having SYSTEM_GROUP with a relatively low priority would make sense?    Notes:-- DB version 12.1.0.2-- The mapping for SYSTEM_GROUP is oracle_user in ('SYS', 'SYSTEM') Brad Peek