Re: Re: Re: 12c to 19c - Upgrade

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 22:40:22 +0000 (UTC)

 Thanks Minh for your feedback

    On Saturday, December 5, 2020, 01:43:01 PM EST, Minh Nguyen <nguyen_ba_minh_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

I used Autoupgrade for a bunch of 18c -> 19c upgrade. Works really nice.  Ran into two problems.1) Had to turn off utlrp option and ran it manually after the upgrade because sometime it took 3hrs just to run the ultrp part.    Sometime it ran fine with non-system invalid objects and some time it doesn't.    We couldn't figure out what was the problem so Oracle Support said just to turn it off and run manually afterward.2) The iowait was like 80% when we tried to do two upgrades at the same time     so we decided to do one at a time

Minh

    On Saturday, December 5, 2020, 09:27:18 AM PST, Sanjay Mishra <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

  Thanks All. Which one is better in terms of taking care of most of the pre-post step and also restart able from the failure I can see that dbua GUI might have option to retry but not sure with silent mode. But it look like Autoupgrade is good option but have not used and earlier thought that is good for multiple upgrade.  Can anyone also share his experience with dbupgrade/DBUA/Autoupgrade ? TxSanjay

    On Thursday, December 3, 2020, 08:02:07 PM EST, Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com> wrote:

 To be totally honest, I didn't even realize there was a silent mode from dbua. Maybe it just fires off the perl catctl.pl

VERY related, if anyone is using 19c with SLES 15 sp2, do NOT apply the latest cve for binutils (libc.so.6) If you do, do not patch or relink the 19c executables. You'll get core dumps trying to start the instance.

We have a ticket in with SuSE and Oracle to get it fixed.

Lyall

--

Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.On 12/3/20, 7:34 PM Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

I can't. I used dbupgrade shell script and catctl.pl I find it easier than dbua.

Regards

  On 12/3/20 6:59 PM, Sanjay Mishra (Redacted sender smishra_97 for DMARC) wrote:

   Can anyone share his experience using dbua in silent mode from 12c(12.1 or 12.2) to 19c ?     Tx Sanjay
 --
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant

--http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l