Re: DB Restarts during Upgrade

From: Keith Moore <keithmooredba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 09:02:02 -0500

I’m not sure why it tries to start the database but this will set it to not autostart crsctl modify resource <db resource name> -init -attr AUTO_START=never

And to turn it back on
crsctl modify resource <db resource name> -init -attr AUTO_START=always

Another valid value is ‘restore’ that restores it the previous value.

To check the existing setting
crsctl stat res <db resource name> -p | grep AUTO_START

There is also an ENABLED property that would be set to 1 for the auto start to work.

Keith