Oracle ASM disk corruption

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 02:09:20 +0000

Hi,
I have an Oracle 12.1.0.2 Grid Infrastructure setup with three-nodes. There exist multiple ASM disk groups that are managed by this setup. One of the disk groups is called GRID and it hosts the OCR and voting disks. Recently I have noticed that one of the ASM disks in this group has MOUNT_STATUS='CLOSED" and HEADER_STATUS='MEMBER' as shown below:

The following data was captured from V$ASM_DISK but it is consistent on all nodes if queried from GV$ASM_DISK:

                                                 OS disk Space   Space              Disk
           Mount   Header       Mode    Disk     Size    Total   Free    ASM Disk   Failgroup                                 Vote
Grp# Disk# Status  Status       Status  State    (MB)    (MB)    (MB)    Name       Name       Disk path                      file

0 0 CLOSED MEMBER ONLINE NORMAL 20,490 0 0 /dev/oracleasm/grid/asmgrid01 Y 2 0 CACHED MEMBER ONLINE NORMAL 20,490 20,480 9,987 GRID_0000 GRID_0000 /dev/oracleasm/grid/asmgrid03 Y 2 1 CACHED MEMBER ONLINE NORMAL 20,490 20,480 9,987 GRID_0001 GRID_0001 /dev/oracleasm/grid/asmgrid02 Y

The disk that is not showing up is GRID_0002 and the block device name is /dev/oracleasm/grid/asmgrid01. The only change that has been made recently was that the OS on all three nodes was upgraded from RHEL6 to RHEL7. I have tried to drop this disk from the DG but that didn't work and I got the message that this disk is not part of the GRID DG.

What is the best way to resolve this issue? Should I overwrite the header of this device using dd so that it becomes a candidate disk? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Amir

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jul 27 2020 - 04:09:20 CEST