Re: shutdown immediate tries to start MMON and gets ORA-01089: immediate shutdown or close in progress - no operations are permitted

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 10:02:08 -0400

Hi Nenad!

MMON is probably trying to write out the active session history. As for preventing it, I'd try with flushing the shared pool before shutdown? This is, as you've said, just a guess. I've never had that problem and I cannot test. What is the version of database and platform?

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant