Re: RMAN MAXPIECESIZE doesn't appear to be working

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 07:10:07 -0500

Morning Steve,

I use the MAXPIECESIZE parameter on 12c but rather than setting it by channel type, I just change the RMAN configuration. Granted, this is going via SBT_TAPE to the cloud, but it really shouldn't make a difference: Notice I also include the section size parameter. Had some issues initially as we've got a couple of bigfile tablespaces and for some reason, that solved it.

spool log to '/home/oracle/scripts/backup/log/ORCL_FullBackup_CLOUD.log' APPEND; HOST 'echo Backup Started - >>
/home/oracle/scripts/backup/log/ORCL_FullBackup_CLOUD.log'; HOST 'date >> /home/oracle/scripts/backup/log/ORCL_FullBackup_CLOUD.log';

CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' PARALLELISM 32 BACKUP TYPE TO BACKUPSET; CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO 24576M; set encryption on identified by "xxxxxxxx" only;

set compression algorithm 'MEDIUM';

run {
allocate channel c1 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms 'BLKSIZE=524288,SBT_LIBRARY=/u01/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_1/lib/libopc.so,ENV=(OPC_PFILE=/u01/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_1/dbs/oci_config)'; allocate channel c2 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms 'BLKSIZE=524288,SBT_LIBRARY=/u01/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_1/lib/libopc.so,ENV=(OPC_PFILE=/u01/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_1/dbs/oci_config)'; BLAH, BLAH, BLAH backup DATABASE TAG "${FILETAG}" section size 24576M;

release channel c1;
release channel c2;

CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO UNLIMITED;
}