Re: Gather Stats and auto_dop

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:48:34 -0400

Hi Lothar!

DBMS_STATS doesn't work with auto DOP. That is why you have "degree" argument. Also, DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE always does full table scan. If there is a monstrous table of 50 GB or more, I set table preference estimate_percent => 1. DBMS_STATS is awkward and I am using dynamic sampling whenever I can, which is usually on data mart/data warehouse configuration.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant