Re: OEM Agent Upgrade Question

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 14:39:02 -0600

Well, it doesnt appear to be a shared agent, there is no separate agent_inst directory, there are about 50 subdirectories under /u01/oracle/OEM/13cAgent, each named for a different server, and each about 1.5G in size, and each containing an agent_inst directory.

And I do see an agent_migrate.pl file under the 13.x agent directories. So, moving the home may well be possible.

And I did open an SR, but since I couldnt see any way to justify a sev 2, who knows when they will get back to me.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 2:13 PM Courtney Llamas <COURTNEY.LLAMAS_at_oracle.com> wrote:

> Andrew - there is a way, though I’ve not used it for mass agents and not
> used it for awhile so not sure if it’s still supported in 13c.
>
> EM 12c: How to Migrate the Enterprise Manager 12c Agent Base Directory
> under an Enterprise Manager 12.1.0.1 Middleware Home to Another Location
> Outside the Middleware Home (Doc ID 1520010.1
> <https://mosemp.us.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=1520010.1>)
>
> Check that it’s not a “Shared” agent where it’s base is installed on
> shared nfs, and then small binary deployment is local.
>
> https://docs.oracle.com/en/enterprise-manager/cloud-control/enterprise-manager-cloud-control/13.3.1/emadv/converting-shared-agents-standalone-agents.html#GUID-0CDB7D13-1E71-4DAE-B507-02153DB716E3
>

> I would suggest opening an SR and support can guide you thru if this is
> still valid for 13 ;)
>

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 11:27 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I know we have some people here experienced with OEM, I am hoping they can
> answer my question.
>
> For some reason, my predecessor put the same NFS mount on all of our
> Weblogic servers, over 50 of them, and put the OEM management agent for
> each of them on the NFS mount. What this means of course, is if that mount
> fills up or has problems and dismounts, none of our Weblogic servers tell
> us anything, We just lose communication with all the agents at once. So, I
> plan to upgrade the agents to the 13.3 version from 13.2, and at the same
> time I want to move the agent home onto /u01, which is not an NFS mount,
> its an attached drive, so that we dont lose all the agents at once.
>
> However, going through the agent upgrade conversation, I dont see any
> options for defining a new agent home on upgrade, even though it does
> appear that its an out of place upgrade. Can someone direct me in how to
> do this, or let me know if its not possible? If necessary I can do
> everything buy hand, but needless to say that will be a serious pain with
> that many servers.
>
> --
> Andrew W. Kerber

Andrew W. Kerber