RE: OGG trailfile to NAS

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 15:10:42 +0000

Grrr. Check that. I see that you have a locking service installed...

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Sweetser, Joe Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 8:08 AM To: dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org; 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org' <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: OGG trailfile to NAS

I know very little about NFS but a search turned up this link: https://odbablog.wordpress.com/2016/11/10/export-datapump-no-locks-available-nfs-share/<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fodbablog.wordpress.com%2F2016%2F11%2F10%2Fexport-datapump-no-locks-available-nfs-share%2F&data=02%7C01%7CJSweetser%40icat.com%7C5c034e8b16d8493381c508d788834510%7C5d3bf30e9adb4c17b2425c17523e6e5e%7C0%7C0%7C637127969704401807&sdata=Q92fx%2BS9dSU1UW4FV8Ok7CD3a6Dvy4%2FGmCkyiwagFiA%3D&reserved=0>

...which seems to imply that you need to change the mount options. Specifically, noac needs to be replaced with nolock.

Hth,
-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>> On Behalf Of Herring, David Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 7:58 AM To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org' <oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>> Subject: OGG trailfile to NAS

Folks, I'm having a rather difficult time tracking down exactly what is wrong in our configuration related to OGG and writing to it's trailfile directory.

OGG Version - 19.1.0.0.4, RHEL 7.6

We created a symlink pointing the directory "dirdat" to a NAS:

% ln -s /dnbusr1/dnbinas/gg_dnbi/dirdat /u01/app/oracle/ACS/OGG/gg19c/dirdat

The NAS is mounted as:

<NAS> on /dnbusr1/dnbinas type nfs (rw,relatime,sync,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen=255,acregmin=0,acregmax=0,acdirmin=0,acdirmax=0,hard,noac,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=<IP addr>,mountvers=3,mountport=635,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=<IP addr>)

Once the extract starts we get the error:

ERROR OGG-01454 Unable to lock file "/u01/app/oracle/ACS/OGG/gg19c/dirdat/E0000000000" (error 37, No locks available).

Research says nfslock service needs to be restarted (done), mount options changed (done), permissions changed (done), yet we still get the same problem. If we repoint the symlink to local storage the OGG extract process works fine, so it's got to be something with the NAS yet we can't figure out what. I even strace'd the extract process which showed the following, yet wasn't helpful (to me):

[pid 83896] openat(AT_FDCWD, "/u01/app/oracle/ACS/OGG/gg19c/dirdat/", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_DIRECTORY|O_CLOEXEC <unfinished ...>
[pid 83897] <... futex resumed> ) = -1 ETIMEDOUT (Connection timed out)

Any ideas on how to find out exactly what the issue is? We're stuck as we need a ton of space for the extract files and there's no way to allocate that much space to local storage.

Thx.

Regards,

Dave
This e-mail transmission and any attachments that accompany it may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the use of the individual's to whom it was intended to be addressed. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, or you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use or retention of this communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately reply to the author via e-mail that you received this message by mistake and also permanently delete the original and all copies of this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Please note that coverage cannot be bound or altered by sending an email. You must receive written confirmation from a representative of our firm to put coverage in force or make changes to an existing policy. This e-mail transmission and any attachments that accompany it may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the use of the individual's to whom it was intended to be addressed. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, or you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use or retention of this communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately reply to the author via e-mail that you received this message by mistake and also permanently delete the original and all copies of this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Please note that coverage cannot be bound or altered by sending an email. You must receive written confirmation from a representative of our firm to put coverage in force or make changes to an existing policy.